Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A slip cover that just about covers

Last month I happened upon a delightful home happy when I realized the Holiday Inn Convention center was trading out its furniture. I went and purchased four club chairs and 2 ottomans for the whopping price of $14 for the lot. In my trek to ATL I was determined to buy a few Ektorp covers for the chairs from IKEA, but realized once there they were not going to be a perfect fit. I wanted white covers and the Ektorp white covers were $29....so I bought one, thinking I could maybe figure out a way to make it work.

Life has been busy since we returned from our trip and I just last night was able to try out the cover. SO CLOSE. I think I know how to fix the problem, but I think it is a bit above my very minimal sewing capabilities. I am hoping to get a friend from church to look at them and see if she can come up with a solution~ I just left the almost covered up chair in my bedroom and I am now trying to find a reason to head to ATL or to Cincinatti to get more covers so my chairs can break free from the garage.

The ottoman are going to be a bit on their own as I am going to have to sew a cover for it. I am pretty excited about trying to figure out a way to make that happen...on my conservative days I am thinking a soft sissal canvas, and the other 5 days of the week I am thinking Zebra stripe. I guess it will depend on what day I end up shopping!

When I can I will post pictures. Andrea go get you 2 of those covers! I think they will work for your chairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment